Monday, February 10, 2014

Kickstarter Campaign Discussion for "My Daddy Has PTSD" Book by Casey Sean Harmon

What do you think? Would you be interested in supporting a Kickstarter campaign for this book? Details below. (I will be hosting a Facebook event this Sunday at 6:00 pm EST to answer questions. Click HERE to RSVP.)

Awesome news! I just finished my next book. This one's an illustrated children's story book about Soldiers dealing with PTSD--or Post-Thematic Stress Disorder, also known as shell shock and battle fatigue. Tate Publishing has agreed to publish it with full perks, including full color interior illustrations, an audio book version, a televised commercial, and it will even come with its own coloring book! Production will begin soon. However, in order for this book to be a success, I need to raise money to cover marketing costs. ON THAT NOTE, I am thinking about doing another Kickstarter campaign. (I did one back in 2012 for my book "The Everafter Chronicles", which was a HUGE success!) The mission of this campaign is to bring awareness to the civilian sector about the difficulties of PTSD, particularly the impact it plays on military and veteran children. The story is presented through the eyes of a young child, and includes the confusion, as well as the coming of understanding, many military children today face.

Before I put in a lot of work to begin another Kickstarter campaign, I would like to know what you guys think. Is this something you may be interested in supporting? Please let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.

Just so everyone knows, I was diagnosed with PTSD and am very familiar with the difficulties it presents. This cause is very near and dear to my heart. I would greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Must read article about PTSD: http://ptsdasoldiersperspective.blogspot.com/2010/06/daddy-has-ptsd.html

Additional information about PTSD: http://maketheconnection.net/conditions/ptsd?gclid=CMj22JSawrwCFSYOOgodfDMAvA




Happy Readings,
Casey Sean Harmon

No comments:

Post a Comment